Click Map For Larger View
|For a one week cruise, you may cruise to Foulridge and experience the tunnel, before turning to cruise and visit the famous Five Rise Locks at Bingley. The return trip will complete your week’s cruise. Alternatively, you may wish to cruise west through the village of Kildwick and on to the market towns of Skipton and Gargrave in the Yorkshire Dales. Continue cruising through the scenic hills of the Pennines onto Burnley and then return to Silsden.
Navigational Notes(Maximum Dimensions)
- Leeds and Liverpool – length 60ft, beam 14ft 3in
- Aire and Calder – no restrictions
- Calder and Hebble – length 57ft 6in (59ft narrow boat), beam 14ft
- Huddersfield Broad – length 57ft 6in (59ft narrow boat), beam 14ft
- Huddersfield Narrow – length 70ft, beam 6ft 10in
- Standedge Tunnel – because of the dimensional limitations only certain boats are allowed through the tunnel, please check when booking.
Telephone number for advance booking and information pack: 01484 844298
- Rochdale Canal – length 72ft, beam 14ft 2in
Telephone number for advance booking and information pack: 01782 785703 (48 Hours notice required)
- Bridgewater – no restriction
Two rings are available from Silsden; both require a minimum of 3 weeks.
One uses the Leeds & Liverpool one way across the Pennines, and the Rochdale to return.
The other uses the Leeds & Liverpool and the Huddersfield Broad & Narrow.
Please refer to above navigational notes.