Privacy Notice for Silsden Boats (Holidays) Ltd
- We collect your personal data for a specific purpose only – for your holiday.
- We only collect data as required by law for your holiday. We have a legal responsibility to keep your data for 6 years after your latest holiday, after which it will be deleted.
- We only share your data with associated parties necessary for your holiday.
- We never sell or give your details to any third party without prior consent.
- We may contact you in the future with marketing information. Permission to do so will be requested specifically.
- We make every effort to keep your data safe and secure. We only use GDPR compliant providers, operating within the UK or Europe.
- A cookie is a small file which is placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse our web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
- We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
- Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
- You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
- Our website may contain links to enable you to visit other websites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used for direct marketing purposes.
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
- You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to the address on our contact page stating your request for information.
- If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.