Basic Boat Specification – Narrow Boats
Detailed below is our basic narrow boat specification on which we base our prices. Alterations and additions can be made to this specification; however, any changes may incur additional costs.
HULL AND SUPERSTRUCTURE
- Steel hull and superstructure 10/6/4 plating by Daleside Welding or equal with 4 zinc anodes
- Plank and pole rack
- Steel hatch
- Painted in two colours to a simple design with PVC lettering
- Crowther propeller and shaft
- Stern tube
- Stainless steel water tank
- Integral effluent tank, fuel tank and gas locker
- Rudder, brass tiller extension and hardwood handle
- Windows by Caldwell Windows or Equal
- Pine front window frame and doors finished with Sikkens wood treatment
Engine and Propulsion
- Engine by Beta Marine or similar
- PRM 260 Gearbox with 2:1 reduction
- Centra coupling
- Combined surface mounted gear lever/throttle control lever
- 45amp engine alternator
- 1 x 100amp battery
- 75amp alternator to cabin
- 2 x 200amp batteries
- 12volt internal wiring system with separate fusing to the following 12volt electrical equipment
- which is included:
- A shaving point per toilet
- Cigar lighter socket
- Point for 12volt TV (TV not included)
- Radio Cassette
- Shurflo water pump and accumulator
- Ranger refrigerator
- Whale-Gulper shower pump
- Internal bilge pump with float switch
- Bilge pump to engine bay with float and manual switches
- 230volt electricals Mastervolt 1.5kw inverter wiring etc. to 4 13amp twin sockets
An LPG gas system to the following inclusive equipment:
- Free standing cooker, with 4 burners, grill and oven
Hot and cold water system and central heating pipework to the following inclusive fittings:
- Stainless steel sink
- Wash hand basin(s)
- Twin coil 1000mm x 300mm copper calorifier
- Toilet(s) Mansfield Traveller
- Radiators as appropriate (all with thermostatic valves)
- Webasto 5kw diesel boiler with radiators as appropriate.
The internal construction of the boat is as follows:
- 18mm plywood painted with bitumen on the underside, fixed on treated timber battens and surfaced with nylon carpet or non-slip vinyl as appropriate.
- Below gunnels – 13mm plywood fixed to treated timber battens and faced with carpet generally but melamine in wet areas. Insulation is spray foam.
- Above gunnels – 13mm plywood fixed to treated timber battens and faced with oak or ash, except wet areas which are faced with melamine.
- 4mm white compound laminate board or 6mm oak or ash faced plywood, fixed to treated timber battens, insulated with spray foam.
- 19mm plywood ash faced or carpeted.
- Units with pine panel doors. Worktop 38mm melamine faced chipboard.
- Internal Doors are Pine panel.
The following are included, and of a standard colour and pattern:
- Cushions to fixed seating
- Carpets to floor and walls
- Vinyl floor
- 3 Fire Extinguishers
- Lump Hammer
- 1 Fire Blanket
- Boat Hook
- Brass tiller pin and hardwood end
- Boat Pole
- 2 Windlasses
- 2 Mooring Spikes
NB Prices does not include loose furniture
Prices are based on the above specification.
Narrow boats £1,300 per foot plus VAT.